Monday 31 July 2017

Rarotonga

I was on a trip of my lifetime with my family beside me and the wind on my face to Auckland and then Rarotonga.

We started to walk onto the plane at 6:50. I touched the outside of the plane with both of my hands as I walked into the plane.

We left to go to Rarotonga at 7:10 on Saturday night, but we arrived there at 1 am Saturday morning. The whole time we were in the plane I couldn’t get to sleep except the last quarter off the flight. When we walked out of the plane it was like a heater on your body. We were waiting to get our passports checked for 20 minutes. “Finally!” I said in my head when we got to our room at the edgewater resort. (We were staying at Rarotonga for one week). Here’s a picture of where we stayed.
As you can see in the first picture, the beach is right beside the resort. 5 of the days we were there I went snorkeling. These are the types of fish we saw.








I spent more time being wet in Raro than I was dry, because I loved the snorkeling so much.

One day I was with my mum on our scooter that we had hired, and we zoomed to a shop with all these cool sporting singlets in it. We looked around for a bit and then I chose one.

It looked like this

IMG_8814.jpg




For the rest of that day I wore the singlet.

The next day my cousins came over to the resort to play in the pool with me. We were having so much fun. My mum and all of my aunties were sun bathing.

The next day my cousins came over again to play. We were in the kids club watching how to open a coconut. 10 minutes later we went hunting for coconuts. “Yay finally” I said when I found one. Me and my cousins were trying to find a stick that was long and thick. Than we stuck the stick into the ground and started carving away at the coconut to get the milk. I had a sip of the coconut milk. It tasted like fermented water. I suddenly spat it out as soon as I took that sip. But my cousins tried it and they loved it.
#It's not finished :)

To Be Continued

1 comment:

  1. you could have added the part when you got all the cuts
    :)

    ReplyDelete